Friday, April 30, 2010
SO, imagine my excitement when over at Kelly's Korner (a blog I follow), she's asking her readers to post money saving tips on their blogs. I've spent 30 minutes browsing through these blog links and already found some awesome things: blogs completely devoted to getting free stuff, websites that pay you to take surveys, and "common sense" personal financial advice. I'm hoping Madeline takes a good nap today so I can browse though all of the links! Check them out here, and let me know what you find!
PS - Old Navy is running a "30% off the entire store" sale starting today. You're welcome. :)
When I was browsing the money saving tips, I came across this blog that takes "couponing" to a whole new level of extreme. Apparently these people buy stuff just because they have coupons, and therefore have an overstock of WAY too many things. Seriously...check this out. $10 says they also have a hoarding problem!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
November 2009: Changing diapers of plastic babies that resemble Chucky
April 2010: Proudly holding their real babies!Last week we also said bye bye to two of our favorite baby products, the flower soothie holder and the miracle blanket. Definitely got out money's worth out of both. Jon and I are working really hard to maintain our heavily landscaped yard (thank you, former homeowners). We have 5 rose bushes that line our bedroom window in the backyard and they have all started to bloom! Everyday we've been able to cut 10-20 of them. It's nice to have fresh flower arrangements in the house...
And finally, because she's so darn cute:
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
Happy Birthday Jon (again)
Friday, April 9, 2010
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
- You weigh 13 lbs 2 oz and are 24.5 inches long (50% tile for both)
- You are still wearing size 1 diapers
- You are wearing 3 month and some 6 month clothes
- You are still eating every 3 hours
- You are still maintaining the same sleep schedule: In bed by 8:30, eating around 4 or 5, then awake at 7 or 8 am. You are still sleeping in the pack in play in our room. We keep hoping you'll sleep all through the night and then we'll move you upstairs. We still swaddle you in the Miracle Blanket, but you are growing out of it.
- You still take a morning nap for 45 min-1 hour. You're starting to stay awake when we run errands because you like to look at the things around you. In the afternoon, you'll usually take 2 30 minute naps.
- Your big accomplishment in the past month is that you learned to roll over at 3 months, 5 days! You'll roll from your back to your tummy but have not quite learned to flip back the other way.
- Everything goes into your mouth! If it's not a toy it's your hands. If you're wearing a t-shirt, you'll pull it up and try to eat it.
- You can reach for toys, pick them up and play with them, although usually you'll try to eat them.
- You laughed for the first time yesterday...not a chuckle, but a "real" laugh: a series of giggling, smiling and cooing.
- We've almost converted you from the big green soothie pacifiers to the Nuk paci's. It's a little bittersweet for me, because we must say goodbye to your flower paci holder. We got so many compliments! :)
- You've started to "talk" SO much. When we are in the car you'll pull down the mirror on your car seat and talk to the reflection of yourself. You are also making high pitched squealing noises and kitty cat sounds in addition to the usual "ba ba ba"
- We taught you how to give "kisses". When we put you up to our cheek, you'll open your mouth and stick your tongue out.
- You are finally starting to grow some hair on the top of your head! We can't figure out if it'll be blond or light brown.