Let's discuss food. You might think you or your momma can cook. Maybe so, but this Noto family could have our own food network. We do not go out to eat on this trip. Everyone takes a night cooking, and our condo ended up making breakfast most mornings. The following is a portion of our Beach Trip 2012 menu (all homemade...none of that frozen or premade junk!)
· Brisket sandwiches with coleslaw
· Chicken Enchiladas with homemade refried black beans and Mexican rice
· Peanut Butter Eclair Cake
· Waffles (Mickey Mouse and Square) and Bacon
· Homemade Chicken Salad on small Hawaiian rolls on the beach
· Jackie’s Dobe with Pasta and Salad
· Eggs Benedict
· Chocolate Chip Cookies
· Chicken Bombs (chicken stuffed with jalapenos, green onion sausage and cream cheese wrapped in bacon) with pork n’ beans, potato salad and grilled BBQ chicken
· Homemade White Castle Sliders
· Boston Pork Butt sandwiches
· Crawfish Monica and Fried Fish with Spinach and Strawberry Salad
· Broccoli and Ham Quiche
· Banana Pudding
· Lasagna with pesto bread and Asian spinach salad with flaming asparagusNow I'm hungry. Thirsty? You don't want to know how much was spent on beer and liquor. Peter even ghetto rigged a cooler so we could have a working blender on the beach: fresh beergaritas, bushwhackers and daiquiris! The week after we got back none of us felt good and I think it was because we were all on food and drink detox.
Prepare for picture overload...
This was our tent city on the beach. It's safe to say everyone was jealous.
Peter was in vacay mode. He ordered drink umbrellas 2 months in advance so we could have festive drinks.
We ordered shirts for this year's trip. The front said "Noto Family Beach Trip 2012"
The back said "Livin' La Vida Noto"
Madeline and Bella loved floating in the boat
Beach Olympics, coordinated by yours truly, complete with opening ceremonies. For the first event teams had to balance a shell on their head, run down to the water and run back. By this time our beach neighbors really thought we were nuts.
Second event: Teams had to fill a bucket on the sand up with water using nothing but themselves: hands, hair, bathing suits...
Maddie and Bella Boo
Andrew and Pistol Pete (I wish I could remember what I was drinking out of the sippy cup in the background)
Cousin Beach Buds
My little beach bum. The child could play in sand all. day. long.
GiGi, Poppy and the babies
Room with a view
Crazy much? I think so.
Peter and Ben. I think Ben enjoyed being an honorary Noto beach bum.
Cooking Mexican food for our dinner night
Maddie and Pistol working on puzzles
Aunt Gina, Dad, Aunt Mary and Uncle Brian
We had SUCH a wonderful vacation and are looking forward to making many more memories at the beach!