Dear Uncle Markie,
Thank you for my dollar sign necklace. It ranks in my top three dress up accessories, right behind my princess crown and magic wand. My mommy says its ghetto (whatever that means) but I think it's fabulous, especially paired with my Cinderella dress.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
One Year! Oh my goodness, that flew by. While he has gotten VERY active and is into everything, he is such a love bug and a sweet boy. I hope that never changes!
- Weight: 22 lbs 9 oz (46%) Height: 30" (57%) Head: 17.52" (7%)
- He wears size 5 diapers, 18 month clothes and a size 4 shoe
- He drinks whole milk with meals and before he goes to bed
- He's boycotting fruit and veggies: the only things he'll eat are bananas and sweet potatoes. He loves meat and carbs.
- He sleeps from 7:30 pm-6:30 am. Naps are 1 hr in the morning and 1.5 hrs in the afternoon.
- He's walking! It is now his primary form of movement. He gets so excited and proud of himself and will squeal and clap.
- He now has 4 teeth. The top two came in this month.
- He can climb down the stairs on his tummy.
- He says "duh" for dog. He says it when we're looking at books with animals.
- He'll bend down to try and pet Fergie and say "duh" (dog)
- He's finally gotten attached to a lovey: A small blanket with a stuffed John Deere tractor attached to it. He likes the wheels.
- He blows kisses.
- We're trying to teach him how to give hugs, but right now he thinks a hug is laying his head on your shoulder.
- He's old enough to start enjoying the park. He likes swinging and going down the slide.
- His favorite toys are books and anything that makes noise.
Originally, we had scheduled Andrew's professional photos during the week while Madeline was in school. The upcoming weather forecast was way too cold, so we opted for a last minute session before the front blew in. It ended up working out well so we could get a few family and sibling pictures. If you're looking for a photographer, I highly recommend Kristy at Images by Kristy.
She did a great job!
Oh - And I'm still convinced my little man is the sweetest, cutest boy on the face of the earth. :)
This picture was supposed to be Andrew with an in-tact cupcake, but he took a huge bite before Kristy could snap a picture.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Andrew's first birthday party was on Saturday (the day after his actual birthday). I decided on a football theme for two reasons: 1. We're football fans (duh) and 2. It wouldn't surprise me if this kid was a linebacker one day. As usual I went a little overboard, but I have SO much fun planning these things. I thought Jon might go crazy when I asked him to construct a five foot field goal out of PVC pipe, but luckily my husband is a wonderful partner and believes in a good party as much as I do!
Mantle with pictures taken from each month
Entry table with favors and his baby book for everyone to sign their "autographs"
The invitations looked like tickets (courtesy of Etsy)
For favors my mom made cake ball footballs! Cute and Yummy!
The cakes were made by a lady in our neighborhood who had made cakes for some of our friends. They came out exactly how I wanted them!
The sign says "I am one"
Jon's mom made Aggie football cookies. Loved them!
For food we had a hot dog bar with chili, taco dip, fruit and veggies.
An idea from Pinterest: We had a bunch of condiments, and little cards with suggestions on types of hot dogs to make.
Family pic: We represented our favorite teams: The Aggies, Texans and Saints.
This is how we roll.
Take a good look: this cake didn't last long.
Yes, he ate the ENTIRE thing! And did not get sick. And this was after eating two hot dogs.
With Peter and Niki, his Godparents
Kleckley family picture
Kelly and I: BFFS for over 20 years!
Andrew with GiGi and Poppy
We had lots of fun celebrating little man's first birthday, and I think he had fun, too! He knew it was all about him and was all smiles!