On Friday night we ate at Beaver's. Hours fly by when we get to talking. There's just way too much to talk about. :)
Saturday morning we met for brunch at Tiny No. 5's. I had never been there, but the food and atmosphere was wonderful! After brunch our plan was to go lay out by Jenny's pool, but instead we got caught up in looking at old photo albums. There was so much goodness and fun memories in those pictures.
Saturday afternoon we had appointments for mani/pedis, which included endless amounts of Skinny Girl cocktails. Oops.
After mani/pedis we headed to Ariel's house to get ready for dinner. Yay for the selfie stick!
For dinner we went to a restaurant called Corner Table. It's a Paleo restaurant, so the menu included things like lasagna made with butternut squash "noodles" and chocolate "pudding" made with avocado. It was actually pretty good! Jamie joined us for dinner.
After dinner we went to a bar in downtown Houston. Let's note a few things, keeping in mind that I'm an old person and no longer hip or cool:
1. Since when did downtown Houston have a nightlife on the weekends? Parking was crazy.
2. I have not willingly been in a bar past midnight since.....forever??
3. We had a great time people watching and analyzing the outfits that young 20's males are wearing these days. The amount of skinny jeans was entertaining. At one point, a young guy walked into a bar and one of my friends said, "My husband is old enough to be that kid's dad." And that was the truth. It was SO funny!!
4. The pregos were troopers! Willingly going to a bar after midnight when you can't even drink?? That's a true friend. :)
5. We forgot to take a Theta kite picture. No matter how old you get, this is a sorority girl fail.
After the bar some of us headed back to Jenny's house to spend the night. It was my first night away since Preston has been born and it was glorious. I didn't exactly catch up on sleep because we were up talking until 2:30 am, but it was so worth it.
I missed Sunday brunch for another event we had planned that day, but it was so enjoyable spending the weekend with these girls. Love you all bunches!